POWER TO ENERGIZE – DIESEL GENERATING SETS
AGCO Power has been manufacturing diesel generators since 1952. We have been in business for decades with applications for hospitals, industry, data centers, military and agricultural customers to name a few. This expertise and know-how means we are able to manage even complex projects according to your requirements.
Our product program with power range from 60 to 2400 kVA consists of our AG-series up to 250 kVA PRP with our own AGCO Power engines and AG-series above that with 3rd party engines.
For more information contact our sales department at: pgsales.agcopower@AGCOcorp.com
DIESEL GENERATORS ARE USED FOR:
- stand-by power generation
- prime power generation
- peak shaving
When used as a stand-by power system, the automatic generating sets start providing electricity in less than 10 seconds from power grid failure and stop automatically once the electricity in the main grid is reliable again.
Generating sets are typically used for prime power generation in locations where the main grid is not available. In a remote location, generating sets may even be a more cost-effective solution than a power grid connection.
Peak shaving generators are used to produce electricity during high peaks consumption. This may save you when you don’t have to oversize a grid connection because of one or two big loads that are used only occasionally. All of our standard series units with the InteliGen control panel have this functionality.
A CHECKLIST FOR PURCHASE
- An installation plan (for mechanics and electricity)
- Typically open unit
- proper ventilation, inlet, outlet and recirculation if needed
- safe exhaust piping, fire hazard if not installed correctly
- cable routes and installations by certified contractor
- Typically sound attenuated enclosure models
- Cable routes and installations by a certified contractor with a good history to build complex projects when needed.
- The generating set power must exceed the required power of the total load it is supplying.
- Best way to check the total load is to have a list of all equipment with loads and select the required power rating.
- The easiest way to select the right sized unit is to check the main fuses / size of electrical connection and match the generating set with it. As a rough estimate:
- AG60 (87 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×63 A to 3×100 A
- AG90 (130 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×100 A to 3×160 A
- AG110 (159 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×125 A to 3×160 A
- AG150 (218 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×160 A to 3×250 A
- AG205 (296 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×250 A to 3×400 A
- AG250 (361 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×315 A to 3×400 A
- Please note that the sizing above does not take into account such sizing factors as DOL (direct-on-line) motors, high reactive load (lots of fluorescent lights for example) or big UPS devices.
- For detailed information please contact local representative for the availability of after sales support
- Make sure the generating set you are buying has a reliable service network with experienced service personnel and spare part support.
A TYPICAL LAYOUT FOR A BACK-UP POWER MACHINE ROOM
- Steel base frame
- Vibration isolators
- Control and switchgear cubicle
- Battery set for start and control
- Fuel oil day tank
- Day tank filling pump
- Cooling fan
- Cooling radiator
- Flexible connecting pipe
- Heat insulated silencer
- Anchor bolt (if needed)
- Outlet air channel
- Motorized shutter for return air
- Motorized shutter for outlet air
- Motorized shutter for inlet air
- External louver
- Exhaust pipe, insulated inside room
- Heat insulated wall penetration
- Exhaust director
Items 1-12 belong to diesel generator
Items 13-21 are installation parts
What are you looking for?
Latest articlesShow all