AGCO Power has manufactured diesel generators from 1952. The decades in business have included all sorts of generating sets to hospitals, industry, data centers, military and agricultral customers. Our main product is our AG-series with our own excellent engines, but we have the expertise and know-how with good history to build complex projects when needed.
Diesel generators are used for:
- stand-by power generation
- prime power generation
- peak shaving
When used as stand-by power system, the automatic generating sets start providing electricity in less than 10 seconds from power grid failure and stop automatically once the electricity in main grid is reliable again.
Generating set are typically used for Prime power generation in locations where there is main grid available. Generating set may even be more cost-effective solution than a new power connection to a remote location.
Peak shaving generators are used to produce electricity during high peaks consumption. This may save you when you don’t have to oversize a grid connection because of one or two big loads that are used only occasionally. All of our standard series units with InteliGen control panel have this fuctionality.
A checklist for purchase
- An installation plan (for mechanics and electricity)
- Typically open unit
- proper ventilation, inlet, outlet and recirculation if needed
- safe exhaust piping, fire hazard if not installed correctly
- cable routes and installations by certified contractor
- Typically sound attenuated enclosure models
- Cable routes and installations by certified contractor
- how with good history to build complex projects when needed.
- The generating set power must exceed the required power of total load it is supplying.
- Best way to check the total load is to have a list of all equipments with loads and select the required power rating.
- The easiest way to select right sized unit is to check the main fuses / size of electrical connection and match generating set with it. As a rough estimate:
- AG60 (87 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×63 A to 3×100 A
- AG90 (130 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×100 A to 3×160 A
- AG110 (159 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×125 A to 3×160 A
- AG150 (218 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×160 A to 3×250 A
- AG205 (296 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×250 A to 3×400 A
- AG250 (361 A) fits locations with fuse sizes 3×315 A to 3×400 A
- Please note that the sizing above does not take into account such sizing factors as DOL (direct-on-line) motors, high reactive load (lots of fluerecent lights for example) or big UPS devices.
- For detailed information please contact local representative.Availability of after sales support
- Make sure the generating set you are buying has reliable service network with experienced service personnel and spare part support.
A typical layout for a back-up power machine room
Items 1-12 belong to diesel generator
Items 13-21 are installation parts